T: 01865 407003
The OFP has emerged from TOE2’s “Community Woodfuel Programme”, which focussed on increasing supply and demand for locally sourced woodfuel and improving the management of Oxfordshire’s woodlands for woodfuel production and biodiversity. The Community Woodfuel Programme worked in the following areas:
• Established “OXLogs” – a standard for local firewood suppliers, guaranteeing that customers receive transparent and accurate information about their firewood.
• Set up “Logs for Labour”, a scheme to match woodland owners with people who would be happy to help with woodland management in exchange for logs. For further information visithttps://www.facebook.com/oxonwood
• Provided advice to communities interested in using locally sourced wood fuel
• Provided independent advice on the installation of suitable biomass systems.
• Produced two information booklets – “introduction to Biomass Heating” and “Making the Most of your Oxfordshire Woodland”, both available to download opposite.
The developing Oxfordshire Forestry Programme takes a more comprehensive approach to sustainable woodland management.
• The Sylva Foundation has lead on the production of “In a Nutshell – a strategy for the sustainable management of Oxfordshire’s Woodlands and Trees”
• Next steps are to secure funding to take the strategy forward in partnership with Sylva Foundation
© Trust for Oxfordshire's Environment (TOE2) 2015
Charity Number: 1140563
Our Funders include: Grundon Waste Management Ltd - Patsy Wood Trust – Oxfordshire County Council – Beatrice Laing Trust
Website supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)